INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAINING
Event: Advocacy Training for Future Leaders
Dates: 30th of November – 5th of December 2022
Place: Brussels, Belgium.
Are you passionate about advocacy, international relations and policy making? Do you want to learn about how YFU positions itself as an important mobility and intercultural education expert at the European and international level? Do you want to get involved in those processes as a YFU representative, be able to talk to different stakeholders from politicians to ministries of education and make exchanges more accessible for young people? Are you looking to meet like-minded volunteers and to expand your YFU-network across borders?
Then this training is for YOU!
EEE-YFU, the European umbrella of YFU’s Global Office is looking for up to 26 participants for our upcoming “Advocacy Training for Future Leaders”, which will take place on 30 November – 5th December 2022 in Brussels, Belgium.
This project aims to increase the involvement of young people in policymaking and political processes, by equipping youth workers with the knowledge, skills and competences needed to successfully engage in policy processes at the local, national and international level, formulate clear and practical recommendations, and support in implementation, and thus create a more inclusive policy environment for future generations, one that includes a youth perspective.
What you will learn at this training:
- You will solidify your knowledge on how policy making works at the EU level
- You will learn about different opportunities for young people to get involved in advocacy at the European and Global level, by representing YFU in international Forums like the European Youth Forum, Lifelong Learning platform etc.
- You will learn about the Youth Strategies of the biggest authorities in education and youth at the Global level – UN, EU, Council of Europe
- You will learn about YFU’s biggest advocacy campaigns – pupil mobility in the Erasmus+ programme and #RecogniseStudyPeriodsAbroad and how you can support them in your country
- You will have the chance to discuss with other YFUers how you can implement these campaigns, as well as new ones in your local community
- You will get practical experience by attending at least one policy event in Brussels
- If possible, we will visit some of the EU institutions and talk to their representatives
By taking part in this training course, participants commit to the preparatory and follow-up phases of the training course:
- Perform the preparatory tasks sent by trainers before the in-person meeting – following a short e-learning course and reading a few important documents which will make your learning time in Brussels more efficient
- Take part in the follow-up phase of the project: by either organizing a local advocacy event or representing YFU at one European/Global level policy event within a defined timeframe ex: European Youth Event 2023.
The target group of this training course are volunteers and staff who wish to better understand how to position YFU as an important mobility and intercultural educational expert and to make exchanges more accessible to young people by engaging with policy makers and promoting pupil mobility in well-established educational programmes like Erasmus+.
Application deadline: October 17, 2022
Apply here: https://forms.gle/MByB1CKBjetyiVk18